Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tired of Feeling "Fake"

Hey all,

Happy Halloween!!!

I've been thinking lately about my Youtube channel in comparison with my Tumblr. On Youtube I almost talk exclusively about makeup etc, which I'm extremely passionate about and will continue to do. However, on my Tumblr, I can be...how do I put this? Very opinionated! It bugs me to death that I feel scared almost to post my opinions via Youtube. It might be that I have an issue with confrontation and I'm scared of the backlash I might get for posting opinions.

I mentioned in my "50 Facts About Me" tag that I was a feminist, which I think some people think of as something "bad". Society teaches that the word "feminist" or "feminism" is a dirty word etc. So, by association...it scares me to voice these opinions. But here's the thing, it's not me to just talk about makeup! I'm passionate for a lot more than that. I'm tired of feeling fake. I'm tired of feeling like I'm hiding something from the world.

I really want to explore my filmmaking abilities and my photography abilities more and I feel like a soley "makeup" channel just isn't going to cut it. I've been working really hard to figure SOMETHING out for my channel because even with college and everything it's still something I want to do and that I miss. Therefore, there might be a slight change in what I put up and the quantity that I put up. Hold up! I'll still be doing makeup related videos but, I also might be doing other more...me videos. I 'm going to post a video about my vintage camera collection soon, I promise. As far as my room tour well...it's still in the works. But, my newest video will probably be an update video talking about this and a few other things going on. I'm also going to be tweaking this blog quite a bit...

Be patient and stay tuned,

ThePurpleisbliss

0 comments:

Post a Comment