Friday, December 27, 2013

Bye 2013, Hello New Year!

This year has gone by in a whirlwind and with just a few days left, I thought it would be a good idea to think about the years old tradition of resolution making to ring in the new year of 2014. (that was strange to type!) However, before the year is over let's make a pre-resolution resolution. Let's all agree to not bite off more than we can chew. It's okay to make resolutions to reach for the new year but, we've all set resolutions and forgotten all about them once the ball drops and the champagne fog wears off. So, I propose we make our resolutions like we set our goals: long term and short term.

If your goal for 2014 is to loose weight then start with a short term resolution of becoming active and eating healthier by spring. Then move on to setting up an exercise routine by June and so forth. Also, write these resolutions down someplace that you can visually see each day such as a calendar or a planner. Most importantly of all, find a motivator! Whether it's a friends help or an inspirational quote app on your phone; find some way to remind yourself to keep pursuing those resolutions. Lastly, don't set so many that you can't possibly accomplish them or they make you become overwhelmed. Make categories such as household, personal, work, school etc. and only have one or two resolutions for each one.

Here are some of mine if you don't have any ideas for resolutions or are just curious! :)

School:
1. Make the deans list
2. Go to class regularly, complete assignments and make A's and B's on my midterms next semester

Personal
1. Make use of the rec center at school even if it's only a few times a week
2. Stop spending so much money on food at school + save money

Work
1. Find a job for the summer and/or one near campus for the remainder of the year

All of these resolutions are do-able and easy once the effort if put forth. I plan on writing these down and putting them on the wall by my bed in my dorm room so I can see them before I sleep and when I wake up so I can stay focused on them. I also plan on getting some of my friends together to help me out! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season so far and that you will subscribe to my youtube channel for my unofficial countdown to new years starting with my Christmas Haul starting tomorrow. Also good luck with your resolution making and keeping!

xoxo,

ThePurpleisbliss

0 comments:

Post a Comment