Saturday, January 11, 2014

What I Love About Breakfast At Tiffany's

and no, it's not just Audrey Hepburn!

Lately I've been on such a Breakfast At Tiffany's kick and I just have to blog about it! I've loved this gem of a romantic comedy for a few years now but, it's one of those movies that I can only watch when I'm really in the mood for it. In case you aren't very familiar with the film, it takes place in New York in 1961 and follows the story of the glamorous Holly Golightly (played by none other than the gorgeous Audrey Hepburn!) who makes her living by flirting with and dating rich socialites to get money, jewelry and other goods. However when a young and attractive man, Paul Varjak, becomes her neighbor and attraction; her lifestyle starts to catch up to her as she realizes that she really does love him and not for his wealth. If this storyline isn't enough to love, well, I've got an entire list of things to love about Breakfast at Tiffany's:

1. New York circa 1961: There is just something so charming about the scenery in this film. I can barely take it. You can't help but completely fall in love with Holly's apartment and the city she holds so dear! I'm gushing!!



2. The opening scene: In my opinion one of the most iconic scenes in motion picture history! This is the scene that any vintage geek gushes over. The black dress, breathtaking pearls, perfect sunglasses…and that hair!!! Oy vey! Someone stop me!


3. The costuming!: Sweet lord, here we go again. The styling and fashion in this film is just impeccable! All the outfits just look stunning are are so timeless. Holly wears leggings for crying out loud and stylishly, I might add! And that pink ensemble! OOMF!! We'll get to that one!



4. Paul Varjak: What a hunk!!!! How would you like to wake up to this every morning. I know I would be delighted!

5. The Lipstick: Holly choice of lipstick color is to die for! It's a pinkish orange color…almost like a salmon. It's just so flawless and youthful. From my understanding the closest you can get to this color without spending an arm and a leg is Revlon's Pink In The Afternoon. I know what I'm getting at ULTA on the next visit. :)

6. Her Eyebrows: I know, I know. It's a strange favorite! But I couldn't help but notice how perfect her eyebrows are. Don't you agree?



7. Loads and loads of memorable quotes: Like the one in the picture to the left, this movie is chalk full of quotes that really make this movie what it is.



8. The Cab Scene: It's the final scene in the movie where Paul finally decides to confess his love to Holly. Of course, the strong willed Holly, delivers probably the most memorable lines in the film. This scene between the two of them was done so well. Just go watch the movie!

This list is making me want to go watch it for the 4th time this week! I hope you enjoyed the list and if you haven't seen the film, give it a shot! If you're already a fan, please, feel free to tell me your favorites from Breakfast at Tiffany's in the comments! Have a wonderful day, darlings!

xoxo,

Grace
(thePurpleisBliss)

0 comments:

Post a Comment